Chapelhill Road: Fundraiser launched after Paisley house fire

AN Erskine woman has launched a fundraiser for her brother and his room-mate after they “lost everything” in a house fire.

Emergency services were called to a mid-terrace home in Chapelhill Road, Paisley, shortly after 1pm on Thursday, January 5.

Six appliances from the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) went to the scene and crews managed to extinguish the flames.

However, the blaze had already torn its way through the two-storey house, destroying all of the furniture and goods inside.

Rachel Stewart, 28, said her brother Cameron Pollock and room-mate Ian Scott will now have to “start their whole lives over again” as a result.

She told our sister title The Gazette: “They are still in shock but are doing not too bad, given the circumstances.

“My brother is staying with my mum at the moment and I understand Ian is with one of his relatives.

“From what I’ve been told, they have lost absolutely everything, they weren’t able to save anything at all.

“They had both lived there for a while, so a lot of valuables have been lost to the fire.”

Rachel said her 25-year-old brother was at work when the fire erupted, while Ian received treatment from medics who rushed to the scene.

Glasgow Times:

“Ian was taken to hospital by ambulance for smoke inhalation but released shortly afterwards and he’s absolutely fine now,” she added.

“It looks like it might have been an electric scooter battery that caused the fire.”

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Rachel, who hopes to raise £5,000 to support Cameron and Iain.

She said: “They both have a lot of people helping them just now who are trying to do whatever they can to get them back on their feet.

“We’re hoping to raise £5,000 to get them a deposit for another place to live and replace some of the items they have lost.”

Police said they were made aware of the incident but their attendance was not required.

A SFRS spokesperson added: “We were alerted at 1.15pm on Thursday, January 5, to reports of a house on fire at Chapelhill Road, Paisley.

“Operations Control mobilised six fire appliances and firefighters extinguished a fire affecting a mid-terrace two-storey property.

“One casualty was in the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service and crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”

To support Rachel’s fundraising efforts, visit

#Chapelhill #Road #Fundraiser #launched #Paisley #house #fire

Leave a Comment